Turning on subtitles varies slightly depending on how you are watching videos. Note that subtitles may not be available on all videos so if you don't see the options described below, it's because there are no subtitles available for that video. Conversely, if you see subtitles and do not have the option to turn them off, that's because they are part of the video itself and cannot be disabled.
For browser and mobile apps:
Press the subtitle option (it should look like either a [CC] icon or a small chat bubble with three dots in it), like this:
- Press the Home () button on Roku remote
- Scroll to the Settings option and select
- Scroll to the Accessibility option and select
- Select Captions Mode and select your preferred subtitle mode
For Android TV:
- On your Android TV, go to the Home screen.
- At the top right, select Settings .
- Under "Preferences," select Accessibility. Captions.
- Select the source.
- Choose your options.
For Amazon Fire Devices:
- Select a video to watch and start playback
- Press the Menu option
- Select Turn Subtitles On
- Press Menu again to go back to the video
For Apple TV
- Load the video.
- Swipe down on the touch surface on your Siri Remote.
- If available, the Subtitle option will appear and a list of the subtitles available will appear directly below it.
- Select the subtitle option.
For Tizen apps:
- press the back/return key on the remote
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Captions.
- Customize how you’d like to see your subtitles/captions.
Please note that not all videos have subtitles—if you do not see them on the video watch page, they have not been added to that particular video.
Search the Help Center to find answers, or if you're still having trouble, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.